Join us in celebrating the rich history of Tay, Midland, Penetanguishene, and Springwater as heritage landmarks open their doors
Doors Open Huronia 2014
Saturday, June 7th & Sunday, June 8th
Doors Open Huronia 2014 is a celebration of the local history and heritage of Tay, Midland, Penetanguishene, and Springwater. On June 7th and 8th 2014 Doors Open will oﬀer rare public access to historically significant sites, free of charge.
Huronia is known for world renowned heritage attractions ‐ Ste. Marie Among the Hurons, Martyrs’ Shrine, SS Keewatin, Discovery Harbour ‐ but just as fascinating are the hidden historical gems unlocked by Doors Open Huronia. Have you ever wondered what is behind the doors of that elegant Victorian home? Have you been curious about the history of a landmark community church? Have you wanted to know what that historic looking building was in years gone by? Doors Open Huronia is your chance to find out! Uncover the history of the area as 33 sites, including 11 sites in Tay, open their doors for all visitors and residents to enjoy.
New this Year—Doors Open Huronia Trivia Contests. They are free! And there are prizes!!
The Tay Township Heritage Committee will host a special Doors Open Drive Yourself “Magical History Tour” for those wishing to explore further afield in Tay. The Tour will incorporate the Doors Open and other heritage sites in Tay. You will have instructions to follow, questions to answer, and possibly prizes to win!
The Tour materials will be available before Doors Open Huronia weekend at
• The Doors Open Website at http://doorsopenhuronia.wordpress.com/
• The Tay Municipal Office, 450 Park Street, Victoria Harbour
• The Tay Heritage Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Any of the 11 Doors Open venues in Tay on the weekend
• Visit the Township of Tay at http://www.tay.ca
• Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/doorsopenhuronia
• See the Doors Open Huronia 2014 insert in the May 29th issue of The Mirror
• And/or join us at the DOORS OPEN HURONIA launch party on Friday June 6 at 3:00 PM at the Crossland General Store (a Doors Open site) at 2678 Crossland Road, Elmvale!
Tay Heritage Committee