Figure 1: 15 Willow Street 2015, from North Figure 2: East (Coldwater Road) Elevation
The house at 15 Willow Street, Waubaushene will soon be no more. It was built c.1880 across Coldwater Road from the head office and company store of the Georgian Bay Lumber Company, the dominant economic force in Waubaushene during the village’s heyday as a major lumbering centre.
Figure 3: West Elevation
At one time the house was reportedly the residence of the Company’s mill engineer. It has been empty and derelict for many years.
The 12 inch planks and other materials used in the structure are to be salvaged and recycled.
Figures 4 and 5: North Elevation
Figure 6: East Elevation Figure 7: West Elevation
Figure 8: Chimney Bricks
“An empty house is a doomed house”